The railway viaduct at Crumlin on the Monmouthsire Canal was built in 1857 by Liddle & Gordon to carry the Newport, Abergavenny and Hereford Railway over Ebbw Vale. It crossed the upper reaches of the Crumlin branch. At the time it was the largest viaduct in the world measuring 1650 feet long and 210 feet hight. It was dismantled in 1965.
© 2002 - 2011 Where When Wales - All rights reserved - Tel: +44 (0) 7773 786228